Business dispute attorney and real estate litigator John H. McCorvey, Jr., also provides mediation services in Jacksonville, FL
Our firm, McCorvey Law & Mediation, offers expertise in business disputes, real estate litigation, and mediation. Clients look for our B2B expertise in handling business disputes, especially for creditors’ rights, including real property foreclosure, asset recovery and commercial collections. Our mediation services help clients avoid fighting in court, a stressful and expensive process, which could result in unpredictable outcomes. We specialize in resolving HOA disputes by mediation pursuant to applicable Florida statutes.
John H. McCorvey, Jr. offers nearly 30 years of extensive legal knowledge to effectively advocate on each client’s behalf. Our firm’s values are based on sustaining long-term relationships built on honesty, integrity, and trust. We are always accessible and responsive, and strive to keep clients informed of the status of their case as the matter progresses.
We handle routine to complex matters for clients ranging from large institutions to individuals in the following practice areas:
- Replevin (legal remedy to recover personal property)
- Asset Recovery including Foreclosure (especially bank foreclosures)
- HOA Disputes
- Out-of-State Clients (acting as local counsel in Florida litigation)
John H. McCorvey, Jr., brings his 30 years of experience litigating business disputes to the table as a mediator. As a mediator, Mr. McCorvey acts as a neutral third party who encourages and facilitates the resolution of business and real estate disputes between two or more parties. He helps litigants and their respective counsel identify the potential risks and benefits of going to trial based on his extensive experience in the litigation arena.
Positional and principled negotiation can lead to different outcomes.
By John McCorvey Jr.
Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Legal disputes are rife with emotions. It doesn’t matter if the parties are arguing over a property line, a business contract, or responsibility and compensation for personal injury or property damage. Read more on jaxdailyrecord.com »
Recent Published Articles
- Commentary: The power of emotions in mediation. Jacksonville Daily Record, November 2, 2023.
- Tips for a Successful Mediation, Jacksonville Daily Record, August 3, 2023
- Commercial Lending: Practical Considerations and Loan Enforcement, Foreclosure, and Asset Recovery, July 2023
- The Ties That Bind — Like it or Not: A Primer on Homeowners’ Associations in Florida, April 2023
- “Corroboration or Propensity? An Empty Distinction in the Admissibility of Similar Fact Evidence” – Vol. 18-1, Stetson Law Review, cited in two Florida appellate decisions: “Anderson v. State, 549 So. 2d 807, n. 7 (Fla 5th DCA 1989); Farrill v. State, 759 So. 2d 696, 703 (Fla. 2d DCA 2000)
McCorvey Law & Mediation PLLC is based in Jacksonville, Florida, and proudly serves clients in Northeast Florida including Nassau County: Fernandina Beach, Yulee, Callahan, Amelia Island, American Beach, Hilliard, Nassau Village-Ratliff, Bryceville; Duval County: Jacksonville (Jax), Baldwin, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, Atlantic Beach; Baker County: Macclenny, Sanderson; St. Johns County: Ponte Vedra Beach, Sawgrass, Palm Valley, Nocatee, St. Johns, St. Augustine, Vilano Beach, St. Augustine Beach, Crescent Beach, Marineland, Fruit Cove; Clay County: Orange Park, Hibernia, Middleburg, Asbury Lake, Penney Farms, Green Cove Springs, West Tocoi, Keystone Heights, Lake Geneva; and from other states in the United States if a client is involved with Florida litigation.