What do I do after I am served with a summons and foreclosure complaint?
After someone is served with a summons and foreclosure complaint, the most important thing to do is respond. The summons itself will state that an individual or entity has twenty days to respond to the complaint. That response must be in writing and it must be filed in the court file. I think it’s advisable to hire an attorney to assist a defendant in doing so.
- How long does the foreclosure process usually take in Florida?
- What are tax deed sales?
- What do I do after I am served with a summons and foreclosure complaint?
- What happens if I just mail the keys to the bank and walk away?
- What is a deed in lieu of foreclosure?
- What is a deficiency judgment?
- What is a judgment debtor’s examination?
- What is a lis pendens?
- What is a short sale?
- What is foreclosure?
- Why are affirmative defenses to a foreclosure different than just an answer with denials?
- Do I have to move out of my home during the foreclosure process in Florida?
- Does a tax deed sale provide a marketable title?