Will I be paid if someone who owes me money files bankruptcy?
Whether or not you will be paid by a debtor who files bankruptcy depends, in large part, on two things. First, whether you are a secured, or unsecured creditor, and, secondly, the type of bankruptcy
Whether it’s a Chapter 7, which is a complete liquidation or Chapter 13, which is a consumer reorganization. Or, Chapter 11, which is usually a business reorganization.
It’s important that you do certain things to preserve your right to payment in a bankruptcy case, and regardless of the type of bankruptcy, or the type of creditor that you are, it makes good sense to hire a lawyer to take care of those things for you.
- If I hire an attorney, am I just spending good money after bad?
- Is an oral agreement to repay a loan enforceable?
- Once a judgment is secured by the creditor against the debtor in court, what steps
- What are the elements of fraud?
- What are the rights of a secured creditor?
- What assets of a debtor are exempt from execution under Florida law?
- What deadlines, if any, are associated with my case?
- What do I do if someone who owes me money files bankruptcy?
- What do I do if someone will not return property that belongs to me?
- What does interference with contractual relations mean?
- What does it mean to quiet title?
- What is a partition lawsuit?
- What is a secured creditor?
- What is a summary judgment?
- What is an automatic stay and is there a way around it?
- What is fraudulent inducement?
- What is specific performance?
- What is the statute of frauds?
- What is your approach?
- What makes working with you different than other lawyers?
- What would your past clients say about you?
- What would your past clients say about you? Legal Dispurt
- Who can ask for an accounting in a partnership or corporation?
- Why should I consider hiring you?
- Will I be paid if someone who owes me money files bankruptcy?
- Are there any procedures available to secure assets of a debtor before obtaining a judgment
- Can I be foreclosed upon for delinquent taxes?
- Can I recover my attorneys’ fees from the debtor?
- Does your firm collect in other states?
- How do you obtain relief from an automatic stay?
- How important is it that my attorney be a skilled negotiator?
- How long do I have to collect a debt?
- How long does it take to get a judgment against a debtor?